Friday, October 10, 2008
Keep Out Box
Good morning Ladies,
I am totally in love with this project. It was inspired by this Halloween box from Maren Benedict.
I will be teaching this box, but I plan to make several variations for myself..... because....... it's just so dang cute!
If you'd like to make a Keep Out! Box of your own, here's what to do:
1. Cover lid of box. The top piece is 2" x 4.5". The Sides are 4.5" 1". After you adhere the paper, tie with matching ribbon.
2. Cover body of box. The side pieces measure 5.5" x 1.75". The front and back measure 5.5" x 4.5". For the front of the box, use double-stick adhesive around the perimeter of the paper. Before placing the paper down, run a bead of glue around the window of the box. Then place paper.
3. Use a craft knife to make two perpendicular (+) slits in the window of the box. Then tear and roll paper outward.
4. Cover Grumpy Ol' Bear with matching diecut. Cut paper for belly and hand write "Keep Out".
5. Use a liquid adhesive on the legs of the bear, then with lid removed, place the bear's legs down through the window, using other hand inside box to press it into place.
6. Make up some cute cards using these examples from Debbie Olson and myself, or invent your own. Or, forget the cards and fill with chocolate or other important belongings!