Friday, October 10, 2008

Keep Out Box


Good morning Ladies,
I am totally in love with this project. It was inspired by this Halloween box from Maren Benedict.

I will be teaching this box, but I plan to make several variations for myself..... because....... it's just so dang cute!

If you'd like to make a Keep Out! Box of your own, here's what to do:
1. Cover lid of box. The top piece is 2" x 4.5". The Sides are 4.5" 1". After you adhere the paper, tie with matching ribbon.
2. Cover body of box. The side pieces measure 5.5" x 1.75". The front and back measure 5.5" x 4.5". For the front of the box, use double-stick adhesive around the perimeter of the paper. Before placing the paper down, run a bead of glue around the window of the box. Then place paper.
3. Use a craft knife to make two perpendicular (+) slits in the window of the box. Then tear and roll paper outward.
4. Cover Grumpy Ol' Bear with matching diecut. Cut paper for belly and hand write "Keep Out".
5. Use a liquid adhesive on the legs of the bear, then with lid removed, place the bear's legs down through the window, using other hand inside box to press it into place.
6. Make up some cute cards using these examples from Debbie Olson and myself, or invent your own. Or, forget the cards and fill with chocolate or other important belongings!

16 comments:

Becca said...

So cute!!!

Holly Denghel said...

I love the giraffe!! He's adorable!

Lulu said...

Eeeeek. That is so cute!! :)

Natasja Cats - Verbeek said...

all so dang cute!!

Maren said...

OMG- This is SO SO cute!! I love it!

BethW said...

Fabulous-I could make a couple for my grandsons-just put my stuff instead of cards-they'll love it.

Houston said...

I love it, the cards are great too!

Chris said...

Oh my gosh! how adorable!

Latisha said...

very very cute!
Also, is there a way to put your design team's blogs on this blog, so we can find them? I visit Maren & Debbie's daily but I don't know the other girls blog addresses.
Thanks :)

Jennifer Schmidt said...

These are all so, so cute! I love the color/pattern combinations on the giraffe card!

Tami said...

This blog is so COOL. I saw the new Christmas line today and I went crazy. I need to work with my new CC Halloween loot and then its on to BE GOOD.

Hi Lindsay. Be good BOY.

CC rocks the universe!!! can't wait to make some of these adorable projects on your blog. Thanks for sharing.

Bunny B said...

These are adorable!

ScrapAloha said...

Totally cute!

wendy said...

Uber cute!!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I love the way he looks like he is BURSTING out of the box, ready to attack if you mess with his cards! CUTE!! I absolutely love it!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Love the cards too!!