Monday, October 13, 2008

Fall! Brrrrrrr!

I live up in the very most northern part of Utah, in the mouth of a canyon, on a mountain. It gets really cold here. It snowed all day yesterday! I was soooooooo not ready for that. We had some flurries on Saturday, but yesterday we actually had a winter storm warning and SNOW. It wasn't so much snow that it really stuck, but when I woke up this morning the trampoline and grass were covered with white. I'm telling you this so that if I go into a deep depression, quit making happy posts to the blog, gain about 30 pounds and refuse to get dressed anymore you'll know why. Those of you that are loyal blog followers, might remember my "crisis" entry last April, when I was in my 7th month of snow falling (it also snowed in May and June). Why do I live here? I'm really not asking you all, I'm asking Lindsay Moore!!!

OK, enough ranting about things I can't control. Here is a layout I lifted from my sister in law Amy Combs. I thought I had a photo of her's, but I can't find it currently. Suffice it to say, they are about the same, but she used Skipping Stones (the polka dot paper) as her background and her title was handwritten (mine was made from the Holiday Just Your Type sticker book). Also, she took the time to cut out her leaves from the Nature Walk paper. I took the lazy route and used the adhesive die-cut leaves. It's so fast and easy!

This is my nine year old Kate and her best friend Kalle.

Products Used:

11 comments:

wendy said...

Kate looks a lot like you! I love this layout. And yes, it's COLD. Fall is going fast and winter is quickly approacing. Snow fell in the western part of the state...i'm not ready!

Eveline said...

We're lucky here if we see just one snow flurry and traffic even then comes to a standstill! I love winter but we never seem to have a real one.
I like your LO. Great colors.
Eveline.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

This is wonderful! I love the layout, and the photo is precious! It's unseasonably warm right now in Illinois, but snow will be here eventually, and I'm not anywhere close to ready for it. I wish it would stay Fall all year round . . . crisp temps, beautiful leaves, etc. It's my favorite season. I hope the snow melts . . . it does seem awfully early for it! Yuck!

Becca said...

We just moved away from Utah and miss the snow :( Cute layout!

Anonymous said...

I love the layout! It's adorable.
Good luck with the snow!!! In NY last year my poor nephews were so excited to make snow angels and snowmen, all we got was a flurry :(

:) sara

Erika M. said...

i just love that layout. I admire your fortitude to live where you do.

Von said...

I'm here visiting my mom in N. Utah..I'm wondering the same thing..."Why would a person live here?" hehe! Thankfully we're moving her back to my home in VA...she's in for a major climate change esp after last winter!

Erin Glee said...

What a GREAT photo, and I love the page you made with Mr. Campy... it turned out really cute. Your daughter is a little chip off the skinny block!

Bunny B said...

Great LO! I love it!!
Hope you enjoy the snow! :)

connie said...

SNOW?? We are lucky to have a winter here. I have TONS of pictures with the kids in shorts (or baby in diaper) standing by the curb waiting for Santa to come by on the firetruck! Love the LO.

Denise L. said...

All your papers are the best! I am loving this layout!