Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Well, it is finally Christmas Eve. I am still putting the finishing touches on some very large scale thrifty gifty projects. I have three stockings left to sew. About 5 or 6 presents left to wrap. A gingerbread cake to make and then I'm all done!

After the big day, our family is taking a bit of a break from all things other than family, so Lindsay and Krista will have to entertain you all. If you know Lindsay, this means prizes. And, if you know Krista, this means better projects than I would ever make! Really, as I think about it, I think they have ulterior motives encouraging me to do the blog. I suspect they think they are keeping me out of trouble or something.

Oh well, today you're stuck with me! So, here is my Christmas newsletter reviewing the major events in our family last year. It is meant to be sung to the William Tell Overture. But, I won't torture you with my rendition, you'll have to sing it yourself.

Let's start with December of last year,
We had a great Christmas with lots of cheer.
I got a road bike for my hubby dear.
He got me a necklace that I always wear.

Then came January, it was so very cold.
It snowed everyday which got very old.
Eric borrowed Lindsay's car and almost rolled.
But he's safe and sound, I don't think he told.

February was the same as the month before.
More snow and cold it had in store.
We went to CHA on the western shore.
Our new lines sold even more and more.

You'd think in March the sky might turn blue,
But in Providence that would not be true.
My mood declined which was something new.
Vitamins made it better...... after a few.

Then April came and my Jack turned three.
He refused in the potty to poop or pee.
I thought I would lose my sanity,
And the temperature was about 23.

There was one day in the mid of May
When the sun was out and the kids could play.
Abby rode her bike the entire day
Till she split her chin and chipped three teeth away.

We took her to the doctor, I got a little sick
When they stitched her up, though they were quick.
In the middle of the chaos I forgot to get
To Ethan's class for his maturation clinic.

In June Ethan and Abby's birthdays were a go
The wading pool was a flop due to more snow.
So school was out, and the house was full,
In need of a diversion we went to bowl.

In July we found out Abby could not see
Through her left eye, since she was a baby.
We patched it for what seemed an eternity,
And Jack finally learned to use the potty.

In August, Kate went from eight to nine.
Everything in her life is going fine.
She has more friends than were ever mine.
When she turns sixteen, the boys will get in line.

With September, the kids went back to school.
15 years of marriage seems pretty cool.
With Cosmopolitan magazine we had a duel.
They told us that we were breaking their rule.

October came, along with Halloween.
We had the cutest kids that you've ever seen.
Nancy Drew, Winnie the pooh and a Vampire queen
And the Grim Reeper wasn't even a little mean.

With November we will end our song.
I'm sorry it's gotten just a little long.
Our turkey was delicious, I didn't cook it wrong.
We served it up, not even owning a tong.

We have been very blessed as you can hear.
Each and every one, throughout the year.
We wish you the same and some holiday cheer,
Merry Christmas to you and a happy new year.

13 comments:

ScrapAloha said...

Bravo!! Have a Mele Kalikimaka!

BethW said...

Hoping everyone has a safe and blessed Holiday season. And a ton of thanks for the entertainment your blog never fails to provide. You will let us know what was in Lindsay's package right?

Chriss Rollins said...

the very best of wishes to both you, Eric and family.

wishing CC a fab-tastic year in 2009.

best wishes too to Lindsay and family.

I am ready for santa all my pressies and my stocking are at the bottom of my bed for when I wake up... its true.

When this week is over I will be playing with my new CC papers and cant wait to see what Chris and I come up with.

chriss x

Chriss

Jen Martakis said...

I love your song!! Merry Christmas to you and your family Julie! :)

Debbie Olson said...

Merry Christmas to you and Eric, and to everyone there at CC!

pattyb said...

Merry Christmas Cosmo Cricket. I hope it was good holiday for you all.

AuBien said...

Merry Christmas!

Latisha said...

Merry Christmas Cosmo Crew!! May you have continued success in 2009!

Marilyn Hitterman said...

I just wanted to tell you, Julie, that I enjoyed your poem. I'm always amazed when others have that talent because I certainly don't! So, thanks for an eyeful into your family and a sampling of your poetic talent!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Love it!! Sing it Julie!! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to the entire Cosmo Cricket family! I cannot wait to see what you have in store for us in 2009!

Houston said...

Love that poem! Happy New Year to everyone at Cosmo Cricket! You are all wonderful people and I thoroughly enjoy your blog, senses of humor, and great products!

Merdrey said...

Coolest poem ever!!!! Merry Christmas!!

Betsy said...

LOL Bravo!!! Very Merry Christmas to you too!