Monday, January 05, 2009

If You Think You Can, You Can


Apparently Lindsay and I think we can. The collection jar at Cosmo Cricket is empty....... those poor charities. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read this entry.)

It has taken it's toll...... at least on me. I had a dream Saturday night. I was at a party and someone offered me a treat. It looked like a Reese's Peanut Butter cup, but it was white chocolate on the outside and had gooey milk chocolate on the inside (I think this was inspired by a bag of candy Lindsay's wife gave my husband...... it's a conspiracy I tell you). Anyway, in my dream I temporarily forgot our challenge and I took the candy....... opened it...... scooped the gooey chocolate off the wrapper and put it in my mouth. As soon as I had done this, I see Lindsay coming over to talk to me. Suddenly I remember the challenge and realize he is going to find me with chocolate in my mouth. I swallow quickly. Put my head down and try to get away. I remember being so worried he would be able to smell chocolate on my breath. It turned into one of those panic dreams where you have to get away or it will be bad.


Then, last night, I had to close myself in my office while my husband made chocolate chip cookies with my kids. But, while I was there I started this journal of my "Health Nut" experience. It is fun to do, has me motivated to keep my goal and will be fun to look back on. I thought I'd share it in hopes of inspiring the rest of you hopefuls into documenting your progress toward better things! If you think you can, you can!!

PS: The prize drawing below is still open. The winner will be announced tomorrow morning...... but maybe even more exciting...... you'll get to meet Larry the Temp.

PPS: I asked Eric to photograph these for me. He thought it would be funny to use a fork to hold the journal open. Ha ha ha.

22 comments:

BethW said...

Not to worry, I am making up for the empty charity jar. I've even gone ahead and paid in advance for some anticipated blunders!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

I love the fork in the photo! I thought that was really clever! Well, I just got back from my walk. It's so cold outside, but I went. My shins hurt like crazy, but I kept on walking. Yes, I was walking slowly because my shins hurt, but on the way back I either became numb to the shin pain or it went away!! I am going to think about what I eat! This is it! Time to be a healthier me! Good luck! I love the journal, and I love the goodbye page! Great idea!

MichelleB said...

Very creative page weight! Love that chocolate page! Here's to wishing you luck in this effort!

AuBien said...

Julie ...
I am with you. I'm going just bonky with sugar cravings. Funny thing is, I never thought I really eat much sugar. But there are so many things on "the list" that I dabble in here and there throughout a day or a few days that I might as well sit down with a giant box of sugar and go to it. Whoa. My dh says this wacky craving stuff will pass in a few days and I won't be so distracted by it. I am hoping he's more right than supportive!

Natasja Cats - Verbeek said...

great idea Julie and that page looks great!!

jennie said...

Love the journal!
I was doing OK with sweets until the holiday. Now my cravings are out of control!

I'll be getting on track right along with you.

I have had a similar dream;)

wendy said...

Super cute journal! It really holds a person accountable when you have to write it down and actually see what you've been doing/eating.

I've started off this year really bad. But, I can only go up from here...or down in weight lol. I'm a bordom eater so I just need to stay busy and not eat late at night either.

Abby said...

I love reading your blog and all the posts. I have a question though. There are a few scrap companies that I can become a fan of on Facebook. I was wondering why Cosmo Cricket doesn't have a "fan site" as well.

Patty Williams said...

Very cute!

I've had many weird dreams lately. eeek... chocolate breath! The horrors!

Julie said...

Abby,

To answer your question, I don't know how to make a fan page on facebook. I'll look into it, but keep in mind, I'm no techie!!

Bumbles and Fairy-Tales said...

Cute pics! I really love the goodbye one :)
I'm looking forward to meeting Larry the Temp ;)

Erika M. said...

Ya'll are too funny. I think I'm going to try to get my coworkers to join so we can raise some money for charity.

Jenn said...

You are a stronger woman than I!

ScrapAloha said...

I am so impressed with your will power! I think you should wire the fork in there LOL. It's perfect!
Keep up the good work!

Chris C said...

Oh dear you know its bad when you start dreaming about it lol.
I have started a food diary and thought it needs jazzing up, I like your idea of listing items I want to stay away from.
You have inspried me to "pretty" up my notepad and make writing in it a little more fun
Thanks

Carolyn said...

Ah, wire that fork right onto that page. It actually would give it a great twist to the page.

Seriously, that journal page is really cute looking. Now if you want to work good and easy to follow challenge, go to www.sparkpeople.com they are doing a bootcamp right now, and they are offering prize. Plus it's free to participate. I am actually enjoying the daily challenges, and it's a great motivation to start of the new year.

mystyle said...

Thanks for reminding me I need to take a couple of bags to the food pantry, I have them ready but they were closed when I went by. They have better than bankers hours! Stay Healthy, Wealthy and Wise would be a good New Years Resolution.

BethW said...

It is 10:57p.m. EST. I just made pancakes and ate 4 of them. Do you have a favorite charity?

Julie said...

Nanabeth,

I have a few. How about Women for Women. I love them. I also have personal attatchments to the Muscular Dystrophy Association and the International Dyslexia Association because people close to me have been affected by these things. Another cause I love to support is Free Wheelchairs Mission, they provide wheel chairs for people in third world countries. For $50 or ten "cheats" you can buy someone a wheelchair.

Unknown said...

LOL I read this while eating my homemade granola. Make me think I should have added chocolate! sigh sigh

Unknown said...

The last of the CHOCOLATE has left the building. Have to arm the doors and put the watchdogs out to prevent any and all CHOCOLATE from entering the building.

I love the journal idea, it ROCKS.

Donna said...

Sound like a fantastic idea, the journal is so cute. Best of luck