Thursday, November 20, 2008

A Winner and Something Funny!

Congratulations Liz @ 2:36. You are lucky today! Send us your email and we'll send you your prize.

Now for some fun. Lindsay sent me the following idea in an email this morning. It doesn't actually use any Cosmo Cricket products, but with the economy being so tight I thought it was worth sharing. I know many of you, like me, enjoy making home-made gifts. Well, every year I purchase pajamas and slippers for members of my family. This year, though, I think I can save the expense of purchased slippers and make them instead with items I'm sure most of us gals have on hand.

WARNING: This is not meant to be taken seriously. Do not read any further if you are among the faint of heart!

What you'll need:
•Four pairs of maxi pads per pair of slippers. Depending on the size of foot, choose light, regular or night protection.
•Some cute embellishments for the toe area.

What you'll do:
1. Take two of the pads (one for each foot) and lay them out flat.
2. Take the other two pads and wrap them around the toe area to form the top. (refer to photo below)
3. Tape or glue each side of the top pieces to the bottom of the foot part. It's best not to expose the adhesive strip since that will make the whole thing sticky, not just the part you want sticky.
4. Decorate the tops with whatever you desire, silk flowers (this is most aesthetically appealing), etc.

These slippers are:
* Soft and Hygienic
* Non-slip grip strips on the soles
* Built in deodorant feature keeps feet smelling fresh
* No more bending over to mop up spills
* Disposable and biodegradable
* Environmentally safe

Seriously though, wouldn't that be the most hilarious joke gift ever?

One more funny email from Lindsay. I think after a weigh in day, we can all appreciate this one!

18 comments:

Liz said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Liz said...

OMG! Thank you! I am going crazy right now, I love this stuff! :) I'll email you my info! Thanks. :) My email address is lvialpando@hotmail.com I couldn't find an email address to send my address to... Thanks! :)

Becky said...

Oh, my... I'm glad you don't have me for Christmas! I knew when we suggested doing handmade items you would think of something creative! But since Lori lives in California maybe you could make her some flip flop slippers. Just slip out the second pad for a Tampax instead.

ScrapMomOf2 said...

CONGRATULATIONS LIZ!! Woohoo!! Way to go!

OK, my father-in-law sent me an email about these wonderful slippers last year, and I swear, I almost peed in my pants when I saw the photo! I'm so glad I wasn't drinking when I looked at it, because I would have spit it all on my keyboard and screen! Sorry for such a visual picture, but I thought it was HILARIOUS! My FIL and I started emailing back and forth then on how they could be "personalized" for each person. We were losing it with the crazy ideas!!

Karin Leveillee said...

Too funny.

Natasja Cats - Verbeek said...

Congrats Liz!!!

Julie this is just to funny!

Chelle said...

hehee...thanks for the giggle!!

i sent out the slipper email and seriously am afraid...cause mom won't think it's a joke...she has made Christmas ornaments out of toilet paper rolls...i am SO getting a pair of these slippers!!
chelle

wendy said...

I Love it! They actually look comfy...roflmbo. I think these would make GREAT gag gifts!!!

Christina O said...

OMG! How funny! This would be a funny gift especially for my husband :) I'm sure he won't think its too funny though. Atleast I got my good laugh for the day!

BethW said...

I got that earlier today from a friend. Fell out of the chair laughing.

Alex S. said...

That is hilarious....I am thinking of giving one to my Mother-in-law (as a joke). She'll crack up!

Kimmie said...

OMG that is so funny!

Rebecca said...

What a great way to start the morning--with a hearty laugh!

My mom and sisters will surely enjoy this humor and we will all marvel at the versatility this economic gift has!

Thanks for the laugh and for sharing!

Patty Williams said...

I actually made 2 pairs of these for 2 ladies last year that are very hard to buy for ! They of course got some good stuff too but these were a hoot and I hear they've been recycled :) ...oops..that sounds bad... they regifted them!

Mine were slightly different, I used big red poinsettias... I think I have a pic of them somewhere!

Houston said...

Oh my, that is hilarious, I like Lindsay!

ScrapAloha said...

LOL, great use of resources! Congrats Liz!

Vivs said...

LOL!! on the eco-slipper thingy!

And Congrats Liz

Chriss Rollins said...

I saw these on another blog a couple of days ago but sadly they ran out of a sise 6.
rofpmsl.

like your take on the christmas tree. fab papers.

chriss x