Monday, June 25, 2007

The First Shipment Has Arrived


Last Friday at 4:00 in the afternoon we received our first shipment of actual Biography 101 Albums.

This is a major milestone as we have been working on these albums for the last year. In fact we had the idea more than a year and half ago. When we started Cosmo we asked Lindsay what he thought about the concept, well, he was less than enthusiastic. But, Eric and I thought it could be great so we went ahead with the first prototype.

It was horrible. When Eric got it, he brought it into show me and all I could say was, "but I don't have any Indiana Jones memorabilia to scrapbook." It was very "manly" looking on the outside and the inside was worse with this black industrial velcro that held the window in place and actually wrapped around to the front side of the frame, apparently for a decorative accent.

Eric and I thought that Lindsay was right and that we should stop the project immediately. I thought we would actually have to tell him that he was right, and for any of you that know me, you know I would rather have died! Well, we took it to show him. And somehow he caught the vision that we had lost. I mean he REALLY caught it. He was like a little boy on Christmas morning. He was literally dancing in our warehouse hugging the album. He talked us into continuing with the project (he is, you know, a great sales guy) and two prototypes later, here it is. Needless to say, Lindsay was right in the end. But you didn't hear that from me!

3 comments:

marcibun said...

Wow! Looks very cool. Can't wait to check these out IRL.

Davinie Fiero said...

A beautiful heirloom. I'm going to need two, one for each girl.

alecia*grimm said...

Oh my goodness !! THis is the most wonderful album. I have never seen anything like this. What a super idea. I'm glad you stuck with it!