Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Extra Special Gift Wrap


Do you ever just want to make a wrapped package so special that the person getting it knows even before they open it that they are special to you? Well, I have a hard time spending money on expensive papers and bows, although I do love them. So, I decided to borrow my friend Melanie's idea.

Here's what to do. Go to your photos and find the perfect one. In my mind this means it is an embarrassing photo, a photo that the recipient has never seen before, a photo that is a clue to what's inside or a special photo that you love of the person. Take these photos and either scan and print or go have color copies made. Then add them to your inexpensively wrapped gifts. I like to add a little sentiment to make the lucky gift getter smile!

14 comments:

Tracey said...

What a fabulous idea! I love the underwear picture!!

Jenn said...

Great idea, too funny too. You always make me laugh!

Christi said...

These are hilarious! What a fun idea! smiles...

Mr. Lindsay said...

Julie- Why didn't you the picture of me with my underwear on my head?

ScrapMomOf2 said...

That underwear photo is the BEST! What a cute, clever, and fantastic idea! Happy Holidays Cosmo Cricket!!

lfalduto said...

Or why didn't you use the picture of Lindsay's face opening up the mouse box?

Erika M. said...

What a fabulous idea for wrapping paper. Lots of potential!

ScrapAloha said...

LOL, great idea!

pattyb said...

I love this idea!

BethW said...

I love it-I shall now take all my Christmas pictures with a thought to making embarrassing gift wrap!

Rita S. said...

this is a fun idea - I love that top picture and the underwear caption. Have a fun and wonderful Christmas!

Jen Martakis said...

This is so funny!! Love it!!

MaryNSC said...

PRICELESSSSS!!!!

Becky said...

Great idea I'm sure I have plenty embarrassing photos of you around. Ha ha.