Friday, December 14, 2007

Cosmo Picasso: Lisa-Kate Guidry

I have been watching Lisa-Kate's work for a little bit now. I really like her torn paper style.

What makes you tick?
Scrapbook wise: Pretty music, pretty colors, pretty fabric, pretty pictures, my children’s pretty faces and a great thrift find.

Why are you so wonderful?
Oh please, I wouldn’t say I was wonderful, maybe fantastic, smashing, even great, but not wonderful, lol.

How did you become a scrapbooker?
I have been a scrapbooker since I was a teen and I still have my first scrapbook. It’s filled with all sorts of pictures, cards and clippings. I didn’t start again until about 2003 when a group of friends from my daughter’s playgroup turned me onto “modern day scrapping”.

When you hit a slump creatively, how do you get out of it?
I simply stop and focus on other things. Sometimes you just have to walk away.

What’s your favorite thing to do besides scrapbooking?
Two things fall under this category:
I’m a huge UFC fan. It’s a sport that my husband and I can enjoy together and so much better than football.
I am an obsessive thrift shopper.



What tried and true technique can you always rely on?
I don’t think I can do a layout without using my paper tearing/distressing technique and sewing (yes, there is technique to this madness, lol)

What music do you listen to when you scrapbook?
I listen to anything and everything, it just depends on the mood I’m in at the time. My iTunes list is a pretty good hodge-podge of music with anything from new artists, indie/folk to rock, jazz, disco and even some country.

What’s your most embarrassing memory (that you are willing to share) and did you scrap it?
I don’t embarrass easily so I don’t have an embarrassing memory to share, however I do have a ton of air head moments. One that comes to mind is when my husband and I were meeting with a business associate and her niece. The niece told us that she was in college to get her degree in accounting and I (for some goofy reason) immediately turned to her and asked “Oh, are you getting your Masters”? There was dead silence and she looked so confused when she answered me with a “no”. My husband now jokes me that I have very high expectations for people.
I have not scraped it but I think if I do, it will have to include a picture of me with my foot in my mouth, lol.

7 comments:

lfalduto said...

Beautiful work! You certainly deserve to be a Cosmo Picasso!

Lisa

Charity Hassel said...

gorgeous stuff! congrats!

Unknown said...

OH MY GOSH, LISA!!! Can you even believe this... YOU ARE A COSMO PICASSO!!! Woooo Hoooo, Girl! I am soooo proud of you, but not exactly shocked... look at that awesome work of yours! You have a very specific style that is sooo shabby chic and elegant all at the same time. Your tearing and sewing is AWESOME! I am soooo proud to be one of your Ever After sisters!! Rock on, Lisa!!! :-)

Linda Beeson said...

Amazing example of the use of some pretty cool papers!!!

Heather-Paper Princess Studios said...

I was wondering if there was still Cosmo Picasso's being featured..I haven't seen one in awhile. Great choice!!! Your LO are gorgeous Lisa!

Davinie Fiero said...

Very nice choice. Congratulations Lisa!

Sherry Wright said...

These are gorgeous Lisa, congrats!