Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Cosmo Picasso: Emilie Ahern


I met Emilie Ahern at CHA in Chicago and we had an instant bond as two women who know how to use sunless tanner (this is a long story). While at the show I exchanged a Dutch Girl paper crafting kit for more beauty tips (did you know that you can have your eyelashes permed?) and a promise that she would promote Cosmo Cricket as much as she could. Well, a couple weeks later I was on scrapbook.com and there were three awesome Dutch Girl layouts that Emilie had done (one has since been removed for publication........ way to go Emilie).

Here's a little bit more about Emilie Ahern:
What makes you tick? The color orange, anything crafty, classic literature, loyal girlfriends, pedicures, the smell of books.

Why are you so wonderful? I am genuinely happy for others’ successes.

How did you become a scrapbooker? I made my own small album of my first trip to Europe when I was 19. It was pathetically made and is falling apart, but is still a treasured keepsake.

When you hit a slump creatively, how do you get out of it? I look to scrapping magazines, online galleries and my own art inspiration journal for ideas.

What’s your favorite thing to do besides scrapbooking? Cooking (and consequently eating), reading and shameless reality television about fashion (Project Runway, America’s Next Top Model, etc).

What tried and true technique can you always rely on? True journaling. Whether it’s funny, sad, or quirky. I feel that the more genuine the journaling, the better the layout…no matter how you chose to embellish.

What music do you listen to when you scrapbook? I keep a rotating music list on my computer of songs that get my creative juices flowing….this mostly consists of Indie music like “Belle & Sebastian” and more recently “Nouvelle Vague”. You can check out the song list on my blog for the tunes that get my creative juices flowing these days. http://aherncentral.blogspot.com

What’s your most embarrassing memory (that you are willing to share) and did you scrap it? When I was a teenager I got stopped during rush hour in the LAX airport by the airport metal detector. The officer made me step aside and made the line wait while they put the metal wand over me. It went off like a siren when it was held in front of my chest. My underwire bra had set it off. Being a “Busty LaRue” I was already self conscious of that area and to have it pointed out was very embarrassing, especially when the line began to clap and cheer when security finally let me through. I have not yet scrapped this moment, but maybe it’s time. Hmmmmmm……

5 comments:

Cathy said...

YAY Emilie! Always loved your work!

Cindy F said...

Yummy work!

Jen said...

Congratulations Emilie! Love what you did with the Cosmo!

Davinie Fiero said...

Congrats Emilie!


HEY! Just saw a sneak peek of Hey Sugar. DELISH. I am bathing my girls bedroom in it. Be prepared, Cosmo, be prepared. Those shades of pink and blue are my FAVORITE shades. Wowee!

Brandy said...

Emilie, you rock!!