Thursday, July 12, 2007

You know you're an artist if you can't spell.

Besides our sense of humor, Eric and I are notorious for typos, spelling errors and other misuses of the English language. It wouldn't be so bad if it only happened once or even once in a while. But that is not the case. It happens all the time. You would think that the people at Adobe, knowing artists will be using their software, would have the misspelled-word-underline-feature in their programs. Unfortunately they don't, and we're not always good at remembering to spell check.

There are TWO spelling errors in our current ad in the August issue of Creating Keepsakes. One was brought to our attention by a friendly scrapbooker who probably teaches English (I hope it wasn't Mrs. Storey, she would be so disappointed in me.) If you can find BOTH spelling errors and be one of the first five to send your answer, name and address to kristen@cosmocricket.com I will reward your knowledge of the English language and your loyalty to this blog with a free Gretel paper crafting kit. Be sure to put, "I can spell" as the subject of your email so that we know what you're talking about. Good luck!

PS: I just asked Eric to read this before I posted it and he said, "Did you put that typo in there as a joke." I said, "What typo?" Then he pointed to it and I fixed it.

9 comments:

Julie Overby said...

LOL!!! That's hilarious! Too bad I don't have that issue of Creating Keapsakes... I mean Kepsakes. No Keepsakes!!!! LOL!

Melanie said...

ha ha - that is two funnie. I sent you an emale, but I prolly didn't make it in thyme.~melanie~

Chris said...

this is 2 funny from another typo queen

sara :) said...

I love those ads! Do you have them linked online somewhere? I got rid of a whole bunch of magazines before ripping them out to save.

Julie said...

Sara,

There is a link at the bottom of our website called "the ads" that will take you to them. We're glad you love them... typos and all!

Susan said...

Hey Cosmo Girl,
I fell in love with your stuff the very first time I saw it!
I know Cosmo Cricket was started after you two quit working for a 'big company' Do you have any advice for other designers who may want to make the break?

Julie said...

Susan,

Just call me at..... just kidding, I can't give out my #, but I do have a ton of advice, most of it learned the hard way! If you'll be at CHA stop by when I'm not too busy. If not, send an email with your questions through our site and I'll respond, but give me some time because of the show.

Susan said...

I got my CK YESTERDAY!!! how sad is that?!?! anyway, found them.....will you hate me if I tell you that my 11 year old son found them too???

Melanie said...

(((thank you)))) My box came today. I was so excited. SO BEAUTIFUL!